Since our inception in 1999, the Bhutan Youth Development Fund has awarded grants and scholarships over Nu.230 million ($4.9 million USD) to youth from all walks of life, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds. Through our advocacy and media programs, we have touched the lives of thousands of Bhutanese children, youth, and beneficiaries.
To learn more about our programs and what we do, please select a category below:
- Drug Education & Rehabilitation
- Empowerment for Employment
- Sponsor a Monk
- Youth Participation & Child Protection
Who We Serve
The beneficiaries include agencies of the Royal Government of Bhutan, local NGOs, schools, youth centers, youth development rehabilitation centers, district and community organizations and sport federations. YDF continues to apply and has applied funds toward:
- Activities that rehabilitate and reintegrate drug dependent youth.
- Support to children and youth with different abilities, including training, equipment and/or rehabilitation.
- Scholarships for disadvantaged youth in need.
- Activities that address the needs of disadvantaged youth, including counseling and guidance.
- Environmental conservation and reproductive health for youth.
- Activities promoting values, preserving culture, and enhancing recreation and volunteerism.
- Vocational skills development to enhance employment opportunities