Our Vision“A better today, a brighter tomorrow for the youth of Bhutan.”
“The Bhutan Youth Development Fund is working to ensure that all youth have equal access to education, meaningful employment and opportunities to develop their potential.”
The Bhutan Youth Development Fund is committed to making every youth a leader. An estimated 56 percent of youth are younger than the age of 24. As Bhutan’s leading youth organization, we are working to ensure that all youth have equal access to education, meaningful employment and opportunities to develop their potential. Our programs build leadership skills, encourage teamwork and promote the value of service among youth. Through advocacy work and strategic partnerships, we work to encourage youth participation, raise awareness of youth issues and promote youth-oriented policy. We invest in Bhutan’s future, one youth at a time.
- To establish a sustainable funding mechanism within Bhutan so that youth development and empowerment activities can be undertaken, now and in the future.
- To bridge the gap through need-based youth development programmes with sustainable resource mobilization and strategic partnerships focusing on education, employment, youth participation, child protection and drug rehabilitation services.
- To provide grant management services to national and international donors providing assistance for youth development activities, targeting all segments of the youth population in Bhutan but in particular focusing on disadvantaged youth such as the youth with disabilities, early school leavers, youth in conflict with the law, unemployed youth and youth from low-income families.
- To launch and maintain a sustainable and innovative programs in areas where there are inadequate interventions either by the government or civil society.
- To become a point of reference for youth-related issues and influence policy-making.